Wednesday 17 February 2010

Super 14 round 2: Predictions

Last week, the only real surprises were the seriousness of the Chiefs and perhaps, the firepower of the Cheetahs.
This week, a question mark stands over Sharks, Blues and Waratahs. Can they show a better form than they did last week?

Highlanders 23 - Blues 17: Perhaps the most difficult game to predict. These Highlanders have something. Let me predict a win for them.
Reds 18 - Crusaders 29: The forwards will nulify the Reds.
Sharks 20 - Cheetahs 18: This is the game which could define the seasons of both teams. Do you think the Sharks can't lose this one? Don't be so sure.
Lions 19 - Chiefs 30: The Lions looked like division 2 last week.
Hurricanes 42 - Force 19: Did I ever tell you the story of the Western Weakness?
Bulls 33 - Brumbies 23: The Bulls have too much firepower for almost anybody.
Stormers 22 - Waratahs 24: The 'tahs are the most motivated side of Super 14 right now.


6 comments:

  1. We're in the samed boat with the Highlanders and REds. It's hard to conceive that Cooper is nbow a star. I sort of resent that as much as I rfesent Blackadder as Crusader coach. At least Todd got his comeuppence this time. I don't understand what happened to Carter.
    The Landers just got beat, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand what's going on with the Crusaders just as I couldn't understand the game in Jo'burg.

    The Blues-Highlanders could have gone either way, but the Highlanders were not mature enough to secure the win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyt time I say something bad about Blackadder the Crusaders win and visa versa.
    I thought the Highlanders would really contend and the Bulls satart to fade. I was wrong again. It is a good thing I don't make a living off the S14. I'd be dead and broke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally my man Wynand Olivier is playing back to form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole side is in the best form of their lifes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not convinced that the Bulls are the SA side to beat. Sure they have the old guard but what about the new players. I'd have to think that Morne Steyn is about as good now as he is ever going to get and Jaco Pretorius was just a journeyman before he got hurt as is Kirchner. The Bulls may be a big Christmas package with nothing in it.

    ReplyDelete